Blog of the Year Star #1
Posted on December 21, 2012 by ivonprefontaine
I thank ivonprefontaine-teacher as transformer awarding my first star for my blog for “Blog of the Year 2012” award. I am honoured for his generousity and to the people who follow The Secret Keeper. “It is a reflective, creative, and transformative journey. This is a result of the wonderful blogs I discover along the way, the support I receive from that community, and from the more immediate community of my day-to-day life.” I use this quote from Ivon. There are no better words to describe how I feel about those who follow my blog and the blogs in which I follow that feed my need for contact with a very special and extremely creative community that has developed from all of our contacts. It is courageous of all of us who contribute such an eclectic giving and sharing of the depths of creativity and sensitivity. Thank You All!
I know there are always some bloggers who deserve this award and I know others do not accept awards but I feel deserve them. I feel that I honour them by just offering them the award without any stipulation to do anything further then just to know they are considered by me to be of those who are an extremely creative and motivational influence in my life and I feel in a great many other peoples lives. I am deeply moved by all those who have offered up there creative talents and revealing honesty and vulnerability. Thank You Once Again For All Those Who Change So Many Lives By Offering Up There Creative Endeavors in Their Blogs.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1.Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
2.Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
3.Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at the Thought Palette and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4.Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5.You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6.As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
There are stars to collect! Yes, there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the 1 star award, and every time you are given the award by another blog, you can add another star! There are total of 6 stars to collect.
You can check out your favourite blogs, and even if they have already been given the award by someone else, you can still award them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
For more information check FAQ on The Thought Palette
I will list all those I nominate for both awards at the end of this post. For the next award I offer the following:
Take inspiration from life to inspire others!
Posted: December 21, 2012 Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Thank you Tuttacronaca for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
It is an honor! All of those who I follow are a source of inspiration for me and to me! I do thank Tuttacronaca and Ivonprefontaine (Teacher as Transformer).
Thank you both for honouring me with these two awards.
There are rules to be observed so for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am combining the Nominees and giving both awards to each of the bloggers that I nominate.
1 – Paste the logo of the prize…
2 – Quote Who has named you…
3 – Tell 7 things about you …
4 – Appointment of 15 other people who you award the prize
Here I will list the 7 things about myself:
1. I have recently redeveloped my addiction to the original coke. It tastes delicious 1st thing, cold out of the fridge, before brushing my teeth, sugar and all. It’s great for my stomach and satisfies my thirst as I am preparing to make my breakfast before I wash up.
2. I would love to smoke a joint. Just waiting for Vermont to expand the list of what medicinal marijuana can be used for. I was once eligible and the THC made me feel quite mellow.
4. I discovered recently a new way to express myself artistically. When I get into the zone I lose all track of time. Four hours can go by and does before I realize it’s way past the time I told myself I was really going to go to bed on time. It somehow never happens that way.
5. A new night time ritual has recently developed with our new kittens: Carter, Poe & Parker. They follow me up to bed, no matter the time, and we play for a good hour while I get on my new tablet and write while music is playing off of my amazon cloud on roku. All of these things are new and I am loving it all. Of course, it further delays my getting to sleep at a reasonable time. Is there really such a thing? The kittens have a riot playing and then when I finally get under the covers and turn off the lights, the kittens turn into a herd of buffalo and run haywire over me and throughout the room sounding like a stampede as I slowly drift off to sleep feeling Parker wrap his legs and paws around one of my feet that are under the covers. This is somehow a comforting feeling of being loved.
6. I am orally fixated on a generic version of Nutella, that I eat with the end of one chopstick. It satisfies a certain oral satisfaction and is quite difficult to stop. The motions and sucking the creamy chocolate off the chopstick is somehow so hypotizing and satisfying that it is thoroughly difficult to stop. I do eventually or I end up with a stomach ache from consuming too much chocolate.
7. I love snuggling with my parrot on my right shoulder while I write. It feels so Treasure Island and Long John Silver. She is so persistent in some of her behavior that is adorable and some that is maddening. I cannot wear studs in my ear or monk beads around my neck. I do have a chain that hangs around my neck for reading glasses. Something new for me, who just recently had eye surgery that gave me 20/20 vision for distance but screwed up my close-up sight. She is insistent on nibbling on the chain and so far bit one side off once when I had nodded off. I know I am going to need to invest in the stock of one of the companies that supply them. She knows it irritates me and so she persists in continuing this behavior in a maddening fashion.
(I left out three and didn’t notice. Did anyone else notice either? Well, I better do it now. A third something about myself…mmm!)
3. I need to find more time to write. Now I just give way and do not sleep for 24 to 48 hrs at times, usually within the same week. And I never seem to get it back. So, I do find myself sleeping all day, occasionally, and staying up all night doing my projects. (Actually, the staying up all night is a given when I don’t have an appointment the next day.) Once a creative project is started I cannot put it down until it is finished. I set the finishing point some place in my head and I stick to it. (That’s pretty good for #3, I think.)
The Nominees are for Blog of the Year 2012 & The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Moments With Millie
2. Waking Spirals
3. Bipolar Muse
4. Stuff I Said
5. The Unbearable Lightness of Being
6. A Bipolar Journey Through the Rabbit Hole
7. On the Plum Tree
8. Tahlia Newland & Happy Honkers
9. MacKenzie’s Dragons Nest
10. Vampire Maman
11. Light Touch
12. Cristian Mihai
13. A Mind Divided
14. The Rag Tree
15. RD REVILO Conscious Thought: Driven By Intelligent Awareness
Thanks to all of you who are a constant inspiration!